Mother's Day 2014

I'm so excited to share with you this piece. I was on a short hiatus (will blog about that later) and for my first piece back after 1 month of not drawing- I dedicate this piece to moms who are supermoms deep inside :) 



I took 2 days to complete this piece, most of which was done in the air on my 14 hour flight back to  Kuala Lumpur. Time well spent! This piece was made digitally and I used new colouring techniques as well as a new paintbrush set. The result is a piece that looks like a comic / animation and the perfect vibe for what I was going for. Tribute to all the Marvel comics / movies I have been using as inspiration.

***

Taking this beautiful Sunday to wish all mommies a Happy Mother's Day :) To the beautiful women who put families above everything else, who teach, nurture, care and give with such selflessness, love, patience and tenderness. Who put their hearts on their sleeves when it comes to their children and who raise up the next generation with hope and vision. 

In honor of my mother who left me with so many memories, plenty wisdom and infinite love. I wouldn't be the person I am without her, I wouldn't be a good wife and a good mommycat without the foundation she built in me. And to my other mom and all the other role model mommies in my life- thank you for caring for my well being, for speaking in me life and for your love.

Happy Mother's Day ❤️

Love, Ally of StickgirlProductions.


Comments