Children of The Wild

StickgirlProductions Stamp: Children of The Wild


“Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with them."

-Carrie Bradshaw

I drew this for the "A Doodle A Day" challenge, Day 6: Wild. It was meant to be a quick sketch and colour hence the "mess" and imperfections. I liked it ALOT so I edited it using Illustrator and thought it would look amazing as a stamp. It sure did, to me atleast. (lol!)

(I am definitely coming back to retouch this piece)

The Inspiration:
The story behind this one is closer to home. The inspiration actually comes from my friendship with my bestfriend. For the life of me cannot recall the reason anymore, she admired giraffes which is kind of perfect because my bestfriend is TALL. I on the other hand was a cat person- cats, lions, tigers- as long as they had fur, a tail, pointy ears and goes meow, I love. We loved our animals characters, so much so, during my Safari Themed Hens Night, the bestfriend went as a giraffe and me, a cat. Because lions with manes are male it wouldn't have made sense for a Hens night, if it was any other party I would have gone as a lion (a mane is pretty sexy, no?). Drawing on that memory- this picture happened.

Lion and Giraffe, children of the wild, my besfriend and I.

Comments